Take charge of your power bill
6th August 2012
The Victorian Government has launched Switch On, a new information campaign designed to help households take charge of their power bills.
The Switch On campaign was developed to provide better support on managing rising energy bills and cost of living pressures, by offering information and tips on how households can be more energy efficient. This includes information about how Smart Meter-related services can help monitor energy usage and save money on bills.
As a part of the campaign, a new Switch On website has been launched. Visit the website to:
- compare offers from electricity companies
- understand how your energy use compares to similar households
- determine which appliances contribute most to bills
- learn how to take advantage of energy efficiency subsidies through the Victorian Government’s Energy Saver Incentive Scheme
- find out more about solar power
- learn about Smart Meter web portals
- discover more about the energy sector to better understand price rises.
For more information on how you can make your home more energy efficient, visit switchon.vic.gov.au or call 136 186 to receive a ‘how to’ booklet.