Prescribed Identifying Information
Authorised Implanters must ensure that the following information is obtained from animal owners and supplied to a licensed registry within 2 days of implanting a microchip into a cat, dog or horse.
In regard to the cat, dog or horse
- Species and breed
- Date of birth or age
- Colour of the animal
- Reproductive status (ie desexed, entire)
- Address at which animal is kept
- Municipality where animal is kept
- If a dog, whether it is a declared dog (ie dangerous, restricted breed or menacing)
- unique identification number of device implanted
- unique identification number of any other device implanted into the animal
In regard to the owner
- Title, given name and surname
- Residential address
- Postal address (if different)
- Telephone number
- Name and telephone number of a secondary contact person (other than owner)
In regard to the implanter
- Name of implanter
- Business address
- Date the mirochip was implanted
Additionally the animal owner must sign a declaration that they are the owner of the animal presented for implantation or acting as the agent for the owner.
Authorised Implanters must check the registry application forms they are using to ensure all prescribed identifying information, cited above, is contained on the form including the declaration of ownership. If not included, the Implanter must add any missing information onto the form prior to sending it to the registry and contact the registry to advise them of the need to update their forms in accord with the legislation.
The list of prescribed identifying information can be found in regulation 12 of the Domestic Animals Regulations 2005.