Recreational fishing grants program (RFGP)
Every year the Victorian Government, through the Recreational Fishing Licence Trust Account, disburses revenue derived from the sale of Recreational Fishing Licences to projects that will improve recreational fishing in Victoria.
Since its inception in 2001, the Recreational Fishing Grants Program (RFGP) has funded 496 projects, worth more than $20.9 million throughout Victoria. The RFGP comprises three separate programs including:
- A Small Grants Program that is continually open to fund small projects (up to $5,000 - GST Exclusive);
- A Large Grants Program (for projects from $5,001 to $100,000); and
- A Commissioning Program for large priority projects (generally in excess of $100,000).
RFL revenue will continue to be provided for fish stocking. For ALL fish stocking proposals contact Fisheries Victoria on (03) 5772 0200 during normal business hours.
Your fees at work
Stone stairs installed at Sturt Point, Wye River to improve angler access.
- Your Fishing Licence Fees at Work Research reports
- Your fees at work 2012/13
- Your fees at work 2011/12
- Your fees at work 2010/11
- Your fees at work 2009/10
- Your fees at work 2008/09
- Your fees at work 2007/08
- Your fees at work 2006/07
- Your fees at work 2001 - 2005
Applying for a grant?
Small Grants Program, for grants up to $5,000 (GST Exclusive).
Large Grants Program, for grants from $5,001 up to $100,000 (GST Exclusive).
Who provides advice on what may be funded?
The Recreational Fishing Grants Working Group advises the Victorian Government on how fishing licence fees should be allocated to projects that improve recreational fishing.
Have your say!
How can we continue to build great fishing opportunities in Victoria? You can tell us how.
For further information
Contact: The Secretariat, Recreational Fishing Grants Program
Address: GPO Box 4440 Melbourne, Victoria 3001
Telephone: (03) 9658 4779
Fax: (03) 9658 4333