Legislation and Regulation
We develop legislation and regulation to ensure that Victoria’s energy system is efficient, reliable, affordable and environmentally conscious.
Through our site you can:
- Find the Acts that make up the regulatory framework of the Victorian gas and electricity sectors.
- Read about the National Energy Customer Framework that will regulate the retailing and distribution of electricity and gas.
- Read about carbon capture storage regulations.
- Find out about the policy to reduce greenhouse emissions by supporting carbon capture and storage.
- Find out about carbon storage exploration tenders in Victoria.
- Find the submissions for a medium-scale solar discussion paper.
- Find out more about the F-Factor Scheme which is a financial incentive scheme to improve electricity distribution assets.
- Read the Victorian Bushfire Royal Commission’s findings, and the recommendations for the electricity industry.
- Learn about the Victorian LPG Retail Code.