- About Earth Resources
- Exploration and Mining
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Industrial Minerals
- Licensing & Approvals
- Mineral Exploration & Mining Requirements
- Exploration Licence Application Kit
- Exploration Licence Application Form
- Guidance Note on Reportable Events for Mineral and Extractive Operations
- Mining Licence Application Kit
- Mining Licence Application Form
- Prospecting Licence Application Kit
- Prospecting Licence Application Form
- Retention Licence Application Kit
- Retention Licence Application Form
- Schedule 7 Notice of Exploration or Retention Licence Application
- Notice of Intention to Commence Exploration Work on an Exploration, Mining, Prospecting or Retention Licence
- Standard Work Plan Guidelines
- Area Work Plan Guidelines
- Schedule 10 Application for Renewal of Exploration Licence
- Exploration Licence Renewal Requirements
- Amalgamation Relinquishment Policy
- Instrument of Transfer and Questionaire
- Exploration Reporting Guidelines
- Schedule 8 Notice of Application for a Mining or Prospecting Licence
- Statement of Economic Significance
- Marking Out and Survey Requirements
- Notice of Intention to Markout
- Survey Standards
- Work Plan, Planning Consent and Other Requirements for the grant of a Work Authority on a Mining Licence or a Prospecting Licence
- Mining Licence Worksite Management
- Schedule 13: Mining
- Schedule 13A: Prospecting
- Work Plan - Guidelines for a Mining Licence
- Schedule 9 Mining Licence Renewal Application Form
- Mining Licence Requirements for Renewal
- Schedule 11: Notice of Licence Renewal
- Infringement Notice Requirements
- Schedule 15: Annual Activity & Expenditure Return
- Schedule 15 Statutory Guide
- Exploration Work on a Mining or Prospecting Licence
- Application for Work Authority and Notice of Intention to Commence Work on a Mining or Prospecting Licence
- Schedule 10A: Application for Renewal of Retention Licence
- Schedule 5: Application for Tourist Fossicking Authority
- Environmental Guidelines
- Technical Guidelines
- Current Licences & Permits
- Native Title
- Data, Publications, Exploration Reports
- Oil and Gas
- Stone, Sand and Clay
- Environment and Community
- Investment and Trade
Mining Licence Requirements for Renewal
Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act 1990, section 29
A renewal application should be made in the form set out in the renewal application - Schedule 9 and must be accompanied by the relevant fee.
When applying for a renewal of a mining licence, you must either be mining or proposing to mine shortly or submit a mineralisation report with the application.
The renewal application should be lodged before the licence expires. The licence continues in operation until the renewal is approved and registered, or refused.
The renewal application must be received at the following address before the licence expires:
Earth Resources Business Centre
16th Floor, 1 Spring Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Notice to Owners and Occupiers
Within 14 days after lodging the renewal application, you must give notice of the renewal application to the owner and occupier of any land affected in the notice of application Schedule 11.
If the land affected includes Crown land, then send a copy of Schedule 11 to the Senior Land Use Planning Officer at the appropriate regional office of the Department of Sustainability and Environment.
Land affected in relation to work under a licence means land to which entry is required during the work and includes the surface of the land and the land to a depth of 100 metres.
You must update the information on the corner plates of the licence renewal area to show the date of application for renewal and the length of renewal time sought.
Corner posts must be maintained and must accurately mark out the land covered by the licence; and plates kept in a legible condition; until the licence has ceased and rehabilitation has been completed to the satisfaction of the Department Head.
Expenditure & Activities returns - schedule 15; and Technical reports of exploration activities - schedule 16 are important inputs into the assessment of a renewal application for a mining licence . Renewal applications may be recommended for refusal if there is inadequate information to support renewal.
As part of the renewal assessment, you may be asked to provide a new or updated work plan. Your rehabilitation bond may also be reviewed.
Please note: All reports/returns must be submitted by the required date. Failure to submit reports represents a breach of the Regulations and may incur an infringement fine.