Market Access & Competitiveness
DPI promotes Victorian agri-food exports, by supporting access to markets and increasing industry competitiveness.
Many Victorian businesses have limited resources to gather and interpret information about market trends, cultural preferences and consumer expectations in overseas markets. DPI has a good understanding of key target markets, and uses this knowledge and our networks to help Victorian agribusinesses understand and grow their export markets.
We assist the agri-food sector by:
- Identifying and resolving market access barriers (technical and non technical)
- Capitalising on market access priorities, once issues/barriers are resolved.
- Leveraging relationships in key export markets, to provide market insights and trade opportunities
- Promoting Victoria's capabilities in key export markets, for example, through inward and outward bound industry delegations
- Developing industry capabilities to understand market signals and respond to market requirements
- Building industry capability and competitiveness, through activities such as demonstration value chain projects and targeted training
- Conducting competitor analysis to determine the competitiveness of Victorian agricultural industries and identifying areas for improvement
- Identifying, analysing & communicating trends and opportunities in key export markets