Services to Horticulture Producers
2011 Horticulture priorities and services
On 5 July 2011, Minister for Agriculture and Food Security, Peter Walsh, launched DPI's service to horticulture producers 2011.
This document provides context and details of the services available along with an overview of the sector.
DPI offers nine specific services to horticulture producers and their service providers:
- Service 1: Horticultural best practice and productivity improvement
- Service 2: Fostering and connecting horticulture networks
- Service 3: Supporting producers to manage risks and capitalise on market opportunities
- Service 4: Supporting producers secure their water future
- Service 5: Sustaining the natural resource base and adapting to a changing climate
- Service 6: Supporting sector capacity to prepare for and respond to plant pest and disease threats
- Service 7: Chemical use compliance
- Service 8: Minimising the threat of introduction and spread of invasive plants and animals
- Service 9: Supporting producers to prepare for and recover from natural disaster emergencies
Industry feedback was sought following the publication of the 2010 service document as part of an evaluation report to make improvements in 2011.