The Climatedogs: The Influencers of Victoria’s Climate
Victoria is well known for its variable climate. From year to year, four global climate processes vary their behaviour, potentially resulting in wetter or dryer seasons.
Explore 'The Climatedogs' below and learn how these four drivers work by herding rain towards or away from Victoria.
We have detected that the browser used to view this content is missing the supported 'Flash plugin'.
Once you have installed the 'plugin' found on the Adobe website, please return to this web page by using the back button on your browser.
Click a Climatedog below to view animation:
Where to go for more information
DPI has more information about climate variability, climate change and emissions. click on the links below to find out more;
- The latest DPI monthly climate update
- The Break – seasonal climate newsletter for broadacre industries
- The Fast Break – a round up of climate model predictions for coming months
The Bureau of Meteorology also has several sections on their website which help explain the drivers of Victoria’s climate further;
- Australian Climate Influences – click on an influence for more information
- ENSO wrap up – comprehensive updates on Enso and Indy
- Water and the Land – temperature, wind, frost and pressure forecasts
For more information on the Climatedogs series, or to obtain copies of the animations, please contact Graeme Anderson, DEPI Victoria on (03) 5226 4821 or email@example.com.