Why Farm Water Solutions?
The current seasonal conditions provide a reprieve from the previous 12 years of low rainfall. Having the right quality of stock, domestic and commercial water, where you need it, when you need it and in the quantity you need, are critical for all farm businesses.
Options to increase reliability and security of good quality water for the needs of the farm business can be achieved by considering:
- water uses on-farm
- supply and quality of water sources
- farm dam construction and siting for reliability
- reticulation and distribution options
- options to increase water efficiency
- water capture and storage options
Information for land managers and service providers
- What are my options?
- How much water do I need? (stock, dairy and horticulture)
- How much water is available?
- What are my responsibilities?
- How can I more efficiently use my farm water?
Farm Water Solutions is working with service and training providers, water authorities, retailers and farm communities to provide:
- up to date information and resources
- training programs and on-farm demonstrations
- regional forums on water licensing, ground and surface water availability and water policy
- technical resources including a web based Farm Water Calculator for dairy and grazing industries
The site provides information for unregulated farm water systems and will be regularly updated with new and revised information. For irrigated pasture and horticulture please see irrigated agriculture and the irrigation information notes for information on (regulated) water systems. The Department of Primary Industries also has information on irrigation systems and scheduling.
If you can't find what you're looking for, please Contact Us.