Welcome to the soil and water page of the Agriculture and Food theme. This page leads to information on soil, water and land issues pertaining specifically to farming and agriculture.
Soil - a vital resource
- Acid Soils
- Composting spoiled hay
- How to Sample Soils for Flower, Fruit, Grape and Vegetables Production
- Sampling Soils used for Growing Pastures, field and Fodder Crops
- Sampling Recreational Turf for Soil Analysis
- Soil Health
- Soil Health: DPI Priorities for Action
- Soil Management
- Soils recovery - Flooding
- Understanding Soil Tests - Pastures
- Victorian Soil Information
- What is Soil
- Virtual Water - The Concept of ‘Virtual Water’ - A Critical Review
- Overview Water information
- Water Quality and Agriculture
Lake Gnotuk and the surrounding area
Additional information, especially that relating to general land and water issues can be obtained from Land Management on the Department of Sustainability and Environment website.
The Landcare Program focuses on soil and water management and information can be obtained from Landcare Victoria on the Department of Sustainability and Environment website.