National Livestock Identification System Cattle
|Order NLIS Tags Online|
The National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) is Australia's system for identifying and tracking beef and dairy cattle. The Victorian Government and cattle industry organisations have agreed to work together to fully implement the NLIS so that consumers in Australia and overseas can have confidence in our beef and dairy products. The NLIS will enable cattle to be reliably identified and tracked from their property of birth to slaughter, protecting the reputation of Victoria's cattle industry as a supplier of 'clean' wholesome beef and dairy products and providing a competitive advantage in domestic and export markets.
- Benefits of NLIS on Dairy Farms
- Cattle Identification Legislation
- Code for the Operation of NLIS in Victoria
- Lifetime Traceability
- NLIS and Carcase Feedback
- NLIS Requirements for Live Cattle Exports
- NLIS requirements on agisted and/or leased land
- On-Farm Benefits
- Property to Property Cattle Movements – A producer guide to NLIS requirements
- Protecting Victoria's Beef and Dairy Industries
- Rumen Boluses
- Walk In - Walk Out Property Sales
- NLIS Requirements When Leasing Cattle or 'Cow Parking'
- Livestock Production Assurance (LPA)
How do I?
- Apply for a Property Identification Code (PIC)
- Apply for Vendor Declarations
- Order Livestock Tags Online
- Transfer Cattle
- Use NLIS Ear tags