Licences and Permits
- Agricultural Chemical User Permit (ACUP) - required to use ‘restricted use’ chemicals, products containing gaseous methyl bromide, phosphine formulated as liquified gas or pindone concentrate for the preparation of poison baits.
- Commercial Operator Licence - required by people who operate a business that provides ground-based agricultural chemical application services (i.e. all application methods excluding aerial) for a fee or reward in Victoria.
- Copper Chromium Arsenic - required by people using timber treatment chemicals containing all three of copper, chromium and arsenic
- Agricultural Aircraft Operator Licence - required to operate a business that provides an aerial spraying service and to employ pilots to carry out aerial spraying.
- Pilot (Chemical Rating) Licence - required by any Pilot who conducts aerial spraying of agricultural chemicals
- Agricultural Chemical Control Area permit - allows a chemical use in an Agricultural Chemical Control Area that would otherwise be prohibited.
- A Section 25A permit - required in order to use a 'restricted use' chemical in an off-label manner.
- Licence and Permit application forms.
- Complete a Change of Address Notification for a Licence or Permit form to notify DPI if you have changed your address.
- Permits issued by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Chemicals Authority (APVMA) are required in Victoria to:
- Use an unregistered chemical product
- Use a chemical product at a rate higher than the maximum rate on the label for that use
- Use a chemical product more frequently that the use intervals specified on the label for that use
- Use a chemical product contrary to a specific restraint statement on the product label eg "DO NOT apply by air."
To find out more about APVMA permits, visit APVMA