VPS Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme
The VPS Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme is challenging, exciting, and an ideal foundation for an interesting and varied career. The program is designed to equip graduates with the skills, knowledge and experience to meet challenges of the workplace, fulfil their potential, and strive to become leaders of the future.
Graduates are recruited on the basis of:
- academic performance
- relevant qualifications
- enthusiasm to meet new challenges.
Under the VPS Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme, graduates are offered a unique opportunity to learn about government and contribute to a range of initiatives. Those in the scheme will:
- undergo a structured 12-month learning and development plan that focuses on both formal and on-the-job training
- rotate through two Victorian Government departments
- become part of a strong network of graduates across all Victorian Government departments
- have the opportunity to fast-track to a successful career in government
- be offered an ongoing position with DPI upon successful completion of the program.
What areas in DPI do VPS graduates work in?
Our graduates are appointed to positions depending on strategic organisational needs at the time of appointment.
In the past, graduates have been offered roles across all functional and business areas of DPI. Some of these have included:
- Legislation services
- Business technology management
- Earth resources policy
- Energy, agriculture and forest industries policy
- Accounting services
- Budget and financial services
- Human resources
- Economics and policy research
When and how to apply for a graduate position
Applications for the 2014 intake of VPS graduates open on 1 March 2013.
Visit www.graduates.vic.gov.au for more information.