Employment at DEPI
We have staff across the state who develop Victoria's agriculture, earth resources, energy, fisheries, forestry and game hunting industries and promote responsible pet ownership.
We employ people with diverse skills and experience in areas including:
- science and research
- policy development
- regulation and compliance
- industry development
- business and corporate services
We recruit staff by a variety of entry methods including the Science Graduate Program, the Victorian Government Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme, other employment programs and direct job entry.
Jobs are also listed on the Victorian Government Careers website. Select 'Department of Primary Industries' within the 'Department/Agency' field and click 'Search'.
We provide opportunities under a range of employment programs:
- The Science Graduate Program is a two-year training and development program open to recent graduates of science or relevant studies. Positions and roles vary according to the needs of our departments.
- Victorian Public Service (VPS) Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme (GRADS) is a one-year training and development program open to recent graduates from any academic discipline including economics, accounting and finance and generalist studies. Under the VPS graduate scheme, graduates are offered a unique opportunity to learn about government and contribute to a range of initiatives.
- The Youth Employment Scheme (YES) offers Victorians aged 15 to 24 traineeships and apprenticeships in the Victorian Government to kick-start their careers. The scheme provides paid work experience so participants can develop skills and gain qualifications that will lead to ongoing employment.